Tuesday, May 26, 2009

D.A.R.E essay

  The knowledge that I have learned with the D.A.R.E program is not to use tobacco, marijuana, prescription drugs or alcohol. All of these drugs WILL hurt you more than you know. Chewing tobacco for example can and probably will cause lip or mouth cancer. My goal is to be as healthy as I can throughout my life, and to do that I have to make the right choices throughout my lifetime!


   have learned so much in D.A.R.E! Mostly I have learned not to make wrong decisions. I have learned the 5 types of peer pressure and how to say no in many ways! I also learned that over 400,000 people die every year due to tobacco caused problems. My favorite thing was Mr. Dip Lip or when we had the drunk goggles that I did horrible at, and that everyone laughed at me. I also liked it when we did the D.A.R.E family feud game and we had extra recess, even when not all of us had our D.A.R.E. shirts that day! It also really tested our knowledge that we have learned in D.A.R.E!!!


  D.A.R.E has taught me to stay drug-free. When I saw the jar of tar, I almost threw up. It was so gross, to see what some people don't even care about and what is killing them. I don't know what these people are thinking, but its not something I want to know! The black lung was super nasty! To think some people still have their lungs look like that. I also learned that I should not use prescription drugs if they are not prescribed to me by a doctor. Prescription drugs can kill brain cells and hurt your internal organs a lot. If my doctor does prescribe me something then I need to take the dose of medicine prescribed to me, and no one else!

 The skills that I have learned in D.A.R.E. are, to say no to any type of drug and tobacco or alcohol in a lot of different ways to say no. Some for example are, the skipping CD or just walk away! D.A.R.E was defiantly one of my favorite activities this year. I really liked smoking Suzzie, she taught me how much tar goes into the lungs with just one cigarette.  It has taught me so much about resisting drugs as seen in the paragraphs above.
    

  I also now know not to take candy or any med's from people on the streets, because I don't know what they have put inside the package. If there is any holes in the package you still have no clue about what is in it. The package could contain from chewing tobacco to heroin. These drugs are addicting and very dangerous.  This is why I pledge to stay of any drugs or tobacco, because I want to live a long and happy life. No matter what gets in my way I have learned to say NO!

No comments: